I have recently attended the "Promoting your academic profile on the Web" at USI. It was a good workshop (thanks Lorenzo and Nadzeya!) and allowed me to get an idea about how well I am communicating who I am and what I do to the world. As you might know already, I think this is pretty important if your aim is to make your research (or in general your work) open and accessible to everyone.
The introspection that followed the workshop made me realize how often I put doing stuff before communicating it. I mean, of course I do that when I publish a paper, but too often I do not let others know that the paper I wrote exists! For instance, I realized that as of today I had not updated my publication list with any of the work published in 2012... D'oh :-)
For this reason I have decided not only to update that list, but also to write one post for each new paper, making the abstract and additional material available. In this post, instead, I will keep an updated list of links to this year's publications, so you can just watch this page and see when something new has been posted.
2012 publication series:
- Alessandro Inversini, Davide Eynard, Leonardo Gentile, and Marchiori Elena (2012). Destinations Similarity Based on User Generated Pictures' Tags.
- Davide Eynard, Matteo Matteucci, and Fabio Marfia (2012).A Modular Framework to Learn Seed Ontologies from Text.
- Davide Eynard, Alessandro Inversini, and Leonardo Gentile (2012). Finding similar destinations with Flickr Geotags.
- Alessandro Inversini, Davide Eynard. Harvesting User Generated Picture Metadata To Understand Destination Similarity.
- Davide Eynard, Luca Mazzola, and Antonina Dattolo. Exploiting tag similarities to discover synonyms and homonyms in folksonomies.